Sleep problems are among the most common ailments seen by homeopaths. According to Patient UK, one in five people report difficulties in sleeping.
Homeopath Paul Black of Portishead said: “Lack of sleep can trigger or exacerbate other health problems, and significantly impair quality of life. There are things people can do for themselves, but long-term chronic problems should be seen by a professional homeopath, who will aim to get to the root of the problem. They will look at the whole person, taking into account not just the sleep problems, but a range of other factors such as stress triggers, other health issues and personality traits.
“A medicine (known as a remedy) will be prescribed with the aim of triggering the patient’s natural system of healing. The substances used are prepared in specialist homeopathic pharmacies, using a careful dilution process, and as such they are non toxic.” Remedies can work effectively at any age from children suffering night terrors to over-stressed adults.
Paul also practises Bowen Technique which is a light-touch soft-tissue manipulation therapy which uses finger and thumb moves to release tension and pain from the body. This approach can be highly beneficial for situations where physical tension and discomfort are inhibiting sleep.
If you would like any further advice or want to book a homeopathic appointment then call Paul Black on 01275 339422 or email Paul.Black@TotalHealthHomeopathy.com.
- Paul Black is a registered member of the Society of Homeopaths, whose members agree to practise in accordance with a strict Code of Ethics and Practice, hold professional insurance and have passed stringent academic and clinical assessments before being admitted to the Register. The Society of Homeopaths is the largest professional organisation registering homeopaths, with 1,500 registered members.
- There is a growing research evidence base demonstrating that homeopathy is clinically effective beyond placebo, that treatment by a homeopath is safe and that homeopathic medicines can have specific biological effects.
· Within NHS homeopathic hospitals in the UK, insomnia is one of the most commonly treated complaints. To find out more about research looking at homeopathy and sleep disorders see http://www.homeopathy-soh.org/news/homeopathy-awareness-week
· It is recommended that long-term sleep problems be checked out by a GP to rule out any potentially serious illness.
- The Society of Homeopaths can be contacted on 0845 450 6611 or visit www.homeopathy-soh.org.